Great Falls Public Schools $98.5 Million Bond Issue
In 2016 voters approved a Great Falls public school $98.5 million bond levy. Click on the following links to stay updated:
- ew construction photos of GFHS as of February 2019.
- Facility Update as of Dec. 18, 2018: The weather has been very favorable for the construction taking place at GFHS. Be sure to check out all the progress at the live feed camera site: http://www.sletten-inc.com/images/Live/Live.jpg. You can see the steel that is going vertical and the concrete that has been poured. Also, Longfellow Elementary is officially closing this Friday. Longfellow students will start attending school at Roosevelt Elementary starting on January 2 until their new school is completed in the summer of 2020.
- Construction projects as of Feb. 5, 2018 - a pdf file of photos of the work currently being done at CMR and Giant Springs Elementary.
- Great Falls High Renovation - several links can be found here, including a link to a community feedback form.
- The 'New' Roosevelt - Links associated with the demolition of Lowell School and the construction of a 'new' Roosevelt School on the same property. The name of the 'new' school will be Giant Springs Elementary School.
- Facility Project Updates with Photographs
- Virtual tour of the architectural renderings for the new CMR facilities can be found here. Final finishes may differ from what is shown.
For more information about the levy, click on the 'school' image.
Lowell School Video
From School Superintendent Tammy Lacey:
Lowell Elementary used to sit on the same site that the new Giant Springs Elementary School sits today. Lowell was torn down to make way for the new school. The GFHS Video Productions program produced a video to chronicle Lowell’s history. You can and should view it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhNuJ6Dl33o&feature=youtu.be. The students did a great job with filming, editing and producing the video.